A Simple and Tasty Dish
Hello, food fans! Today I’m going to show you how to make bread with meatballs, a simple and tasty dish that is made with instant noodles, tomato paste, and cheese. Bread with meatballs is a low-cost and high-calorie dish that is perfect for a quick and filling snack. It is also easy to make and requires only a few ingredients. Let’s learn more about this dish and how to make it at home!
History of Bread with Meatballs
Bread with meatballs is a variation of meatball, a type of food made from ground meat rolled into a ball, sometimes along with other ingredients, such as bread crumbs, minced onion, eggs, butter, and seasoning. Meatballs are cooked by frying, baking, steaming, or braising in sauce. There are many types of meatballs using different types of meats and spices.
Meatball originated in Central Asia, especially among the Turkic peoples, and spread to the Middle East, Balkans, South Asia, and other regions through trade and migration. The most likely candidate for the original meatball seems to be kofta, a dish of minced or ground beef, chicken, pork, or lamb, mixed with rice, bulgur, or mashed lentils.
Bread with meatballs is a Turkish version of meatball that uses instant noodles instead of regular bread. It is also known as ekmek üstü köfte tarifi in Turkish. Bread with meatballs is a popular dish among students and people who want to make something quick and easy with minimal ingredients. Bread with meatballs can be served as a snack or appetizer, with various sauces or salads on the side.
- For the bread with meatballs:
- 1 packet of instant noodles
- 1 teaspoon of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 slice of dry bread
- 1/4 piece of string cheese
- 1 raw meatball
- For the salad (optional):
- 3 roasted red peppers (canned or homemade), chopped
- 1/3 bunch of parsley, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To make the bread with meatballs, boil 1 cup of milk in a saucepan. Add 1 packet of instant noodles and cook until the noodles are swollen and cooked, for about 5 minutes.
- At this stage, you can also add the oil and spice mixture that comes out of the package if you want. Add 1 teaspoon of tomato paste and 2 tablespoons of water and stir well.
- If you don’t use the oil and spice mixture, don’t forget to add some salt.
- When the noodles are cooked, turn off the heat. If your noodles are too thick at this stage, you can add some more milk before turning off the heat.
- Spread the noodle mixture over a slice of dry bread.
- Place a raw meatball on top of the noodle mixture and press it lightly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 220°C (428°F) in grill mode until the meatball is cooked and the cheese is melted, for about 5 minutes.
- Your bread with meatballs is ready to serve.
- To make the salad, toss together the roasted red peppers, parsley, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Serve the salad alongside the bread with meatballs or on the side.
- Enjoy your bread with meatballs hot or cold with some yogurt or tomato sauce on the side.
I hope you liked this recipe for bread with meatballs. It is one of my favorite Turkish dishes and I’m sure you will love it too. If you try it, let me know how it turned out in the comments below. And don’t forget to follow my blog for more delicious recipes from around the world. See you next time!