A Creative and Easy Turkish Dish
Hello, food fans! Today I’m going to show you how to make baked pasta with noodle, a creative and easy Turkish dish that is made with instant noodles, cheese, and bread crumbs. Baked pasta with noodle is a low-cost and high-calorie dish that is perfect for a quick and filling meal. It is also simple to make and requires only a few ingredients. Let’s learn more about this dish and how to make it at home!
History of Baked Pasta with Noodle
Baked pasta with noodle is a variation of baked pasta, a type of food made from pasta that is cooked in boiling water or broth, then mixed with sauce or cheese and baked in the oven. Baked pasta has a long, long history… we mean Middle Ages kind of history. A pasta meal was an opportunity for a chef to show off his creativity and resourcefulness. Eventually baked pasta, or pasta al forno, was adopted all over Italy.
Baked pasta with noodle is a Turkish version of baked pasta that uses instant noodles instead of regular pasta. It is also known as noodledan fırın makarna tarifi in Turkish. Baked pasta with noodle is a popular dish among students and people who want to make something quick and easy with minimal ingredients. Baked pasta with noodle can be served as a main course or a side dish, with various sauces or salads on the side.
- For the baked pasta:
- 1 packet of instant noodles
- 1/2 cup of grated cheese
- 1 tablespoon of cream cheese or strained cheese, whatever cheese you have at home
- 1 cup of milk
- 1-2 tablespoons of bread crumbs
- Black pepper
- For the salad (optional):
- 3 roasted red peppers (canned or homemade), chopped
- 1/3 bunch of parsley, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To make the baked pasta, boil 1 cup of milk in a saucepan. Add 1 packet of instant noodles and cook until the noodles are swollen and cooked, for about 5 minutes.
- At this stage, you can also add the oil and spice mixture that comes out of the package if you want. Add 1 tablespoon of cream cheese or strained cheese and stir well.
- If you don’t use the oil and spice mixture, don’t forget to add some salt.
- When the noodles are cooked, turn off the heat. If your noodles are too thick at this stage, you can add some more milk before turning off the heat.
- Transfer the mixture to an oven-safe dish and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of grated cheese and 1-2 tablespoons of bread crumbs. You can also grate some bread or simit if you have any.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 250°C (482°F) in grill mode until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Your baked pasta with noodle is ready to serve.
- To make the salad, toss together the roasted red peppers, parsley, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Serve the salad alongside the baked pasta or on the side.
- Enjoy your baked pasta with noodle hot or cold with some yogurt or tomato sauce on the side.
I hope you liked this recipe for baked pasta with noodle. It is one of my favorite Turkish dishes and I’m sure you will love it too. If you try it, let me know how it turned out in the comments below. And don’t forget to follow my blog for more delicious recipes from around the world. See you next time!